The Woodman's Pal® Tool Classic comes with a hardwood handle and wrist thong instead of the leather grip and finger guard incorporated into the #284 Woodman's Pal Tool. Both Woodman's Pal Tools provide great momentum and fine balance and are recommended for all around cutting and chopping of brush up to a 3 inch diameter.
Whichever version you choose, the Woodman's Pal Tool is a tough, no nonsense piece of essential survival gear. Both Woodman's Pal Tools are made of specially annealed 1/8" thick steel. The Woodman's Pal Tool is then hardened to Rockwell C-47 and has a resin bonded fluorocarbon coating to prevent corrosion.
Choose between a black cordura sheath or simply purchasing the Woodman's Pal Classic Tool without a sheath. The manufacturer provides a lifetime warranty.
Weight: 23 oz. Length 17"
WOODMAN'S PAL® Features
* The blade is specially annealed, 1/8" thick, high carbon steel.
* The Woodman's Pal Blade will not crack or chip even in sub-zero temperatures.
* The concave axe blade is ground for strength and offers superior edge holding capabilities.
* The blade will cut wood up to 1 1/2" in diameter with a single stroke.
* The chisel sharp sickle hook slices through stubborn vines and briers.
* The line of balance runs precisely from the grip through the sickle edge.
* The Woodman's Pal has a natural momentum for efficient, accurate, and comfortable swinging motion.
* Resin bonded fluorocarbon coating prevents corrosion.
* The safety toe reduces the risk of deflective injuries.