The Cyalume 30 Min Yellow Chemlight, or Chemical Lightstick, is designed to put out a bright light for a short time. It is best used for signaling, when you really want to be seen. It is also perfect for marking your location to some one who is very close, but needs a bright light to pinpoint your location.
However, it is not as bright as the Cyalume 5 MIN Ultra High Intensity Chemical Light which only lasts 5 minutes. Both Chemlights, the High Intensity Yellow Lightstick (30 MIN) and the Ultra High Intensity Orange (5 MIN) are recommended for signaling, or anywhere a relatively bright light would be useful for a short time.
The Cyalume Corporation makes the best Chemical light sticks available. These emergency lights, or Chemlights, are Non-Toxic, Non-Flammable and Weatherproof. Cyalume Chemical Lightsticks are perfect for aviation, marine, camping and survival applications. Government and private agencies have relied on Cyalume Technology for years to help them enhance accident prevention, water and wilderness survival. Many Cyalume Chemlights are issued NSN as they are in government service. These are NOT the same chemlights you see at the hardware store on the impulse buy aisle. These are the real thing.
Once activated, the Cyalume chemical light stick, or Chemlight, produces reliable, potentially life saving light, for a predictable and dependable amount of time. You never have to worry that a Cyalume Lightstick will suddenly wink out on you at the last second like a flashlight would, and there's never a worry that a Cyalume Lightstick won't last, like a candle.
Since Cyalume Lightsticks and Cyalume SnapLights® are completely non-flammable, there's no risk of fire. Indeed, Cyalume Lightsticks never even become warm to the touch, yet provide 360 degrees of illumination, are wind and waterproof and are visible up to one mile.
Best of all, Cyalume Lightsticks are manufactured in the U.S.A. to a high degree of product quality. Only the safest, environmentally friendly and highest-grade chemicals are used. Cyalume Technologies is the official supplier of chemiluminescent products and Chemlights to the U.S. Government. Unlike no name brand lightsticks you find in large retail stores, all Cyalume Lightstick products conform to military specifications. The 30 Min High Intensity Yellow ChemLight, or YELLOW-HI as Cyalume calls it, is issued NSN 6260-01-074-4230.
Best Glide currently offers the 12 Hour (Low Intensity Green), 30 Minute (High Intensity Yellow), 5 Minute (Ultra High Intensity Orange and the life saving 8 Hour Green Personnel Marker Light - PML.
This is a life limited item. Be sure to keep track of expiration dates.
Cyalume Chemical Lightsticks...
* Cyalume Lightsticks are guaranteed leak proof, water proof, and are non-toxic.
* Chemlights are 100% reliable and maintenance-free with consistent light output.
* Chemlights are non electrical and don’t use batteries, bulbs or lenses.
* Cyalume Lightsticks will not generate heat or sparks and are non-flammable.
* Cyalume Lightsticks are safe, convenient, practical and maintenance-free.
* Cyalume Lightsticks are reliable in hazardous situations where life could be lost.
* Chemlights have a 4 year verifiable shelf life with a printed expiration date on package.
* Cyalume Lightsticks activate manually, on demand, in seconds.
* Cyalume Lightsticks emit 360 degree of bright, reliable light.
* Cyalume Lightsticks require no special storage requirements.
* Chemlights are fresh products made to order.
* Cyalume Lightsticks are made in the USA.
* Cyalume is an official supplier to US Government and issued National Stock Numbers (NSN).