The Mainstay 2400 Emergency Food Rations, and all of the Mainstay Emergency Food products, have come a long way from the early years of survival food. Years ago a dried meat, or pemmican, was used as an emergency food ration. This survival food was kept in lifeboats because it lasted a long time and had a high caloric content. Now we have a better alternative; the Mainstay 2400 Emergency Food Ration or Survival Food Ration.
The Mainstay 2400 Emergency Food Ration is an almost universally used emergency food ration and is a great alternative to the bulkier MRE. Each Mainstay 2400 Emergency Food Ration has a 5-year shelf life, is non-thirst provoking, and withstands temperature extremes. Additionally, the Mainstay 2400, like the Mainstay 3600 and Mainstay 1200 Emergency Food Ration, meets U.S. Coast Guard standards and have packaging that meets Department of Defense Guidelines.
Each Mainstay 2400 Emergency Food Ration contains (6) 400-calorie meals in individualized potions. Mainstay Emergency Food is a must for any survival kit and fulfills the current requirements regarding supplemental food for flights in Canada and Alaska. The Mainstay 2400 Emergency Rations are sold by the case (20 each) or individually.
More about Survivor Industries
In 1990, Survivor Industries researched and developed a new food product that can now be found world wide and is considered one of the most complete emergency food of its kind produced today (Mainstay Emergency Food Rations).
Survivor Industries is also the producer of another unique product in which they package drinking water (Mainstay Emergency Water Rations) in convenient, pre-measured metallic sachets. It is easy and quick to dispense in time of rationing, and is very portable.
The Mainstay Food, along with the Mainstay Water, are highly tolerable to temperature extremes and both have a five year shelf life approved by the United States Coast Guard.
* 5 year Shelf Life on Mainstay Food Rations
* Mainstay Emergency Food is Non-Thirst Provoking.
* Withstands Temperatures of -40° F to 300°F
* Each Mainstay 2400 Ration contains (6) 400 calorie meals.
* Mainstay individualized portions eliminate the messy breaking-up that occurs with other bars.
* Mainstay Rations allow for on-land emergency consumption in a high-stress active situation.
* Mainstay contains no cholesterol or tropical oils.
* Meets USCG standards and Department of Defense (SOLAS 74/83).
* Mainstay Emergency Rations are enriched with vitamins and minerals exceeding RDA requirements.
* Mainstay™ emergency food is Kosher and meets the dictates for Halal.